It was chilling week across the Midwest. Too chilly for the Consumer Boomer crew especially during the middle of the week. Both looking forward to some warmer weather just over the horizon. Makes us want to go visit one of our Retire By the Water locations. Think will start with Dunnedin, Florida first or any place warmer for that matter.
What we found this week
- Go To Retirement addresses the concern of being house rich but nest egg poor. It’s funny the amount of people I talk to that say that their house is their retirement. I’ve never really understood this logic and Go To shows why.
- Good Financial Cents talks about the new rules for 2009 Required Minimum Distributions. We’ll be soon having this info available on our blog for all our readers.
- Are you considering a new career? The M Network answers the question posted over at Cash Money Life.
- As cold as it’s been, what you do if you were without power for 3 weeks? David over at My Two Dollars prepares you just in case.
- Money Hacks Carnival over at the Writer’s Coin
- Money Hacks Carnival #47 was hosted at Money Beagle.